Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Nov 18, 2009, 07:12 AM   #1
TraceyS/FL
macrumors 68040

So the new Bejeweled Blitz mode has revealed.... (touch screen problem?)

A spot on the "bottom" (by the home button) of my Touch screen that doesn't work without very firm pressure. It's obviously when you swap jewels right after that area the difference.

I think there is a dead spot - i could NOT swap anything once last saturday. you know, while sitting at the genius bar.... alone with no one to see.

So now to figure out if there is a way to easily repeat it - other than playing bejeweled for a long time!

Last edited by TraceyS/FL; Nov 18, 2009 at 11:41 AM. Reason: changed title
TraceyS/FL is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2009, 08:06 AM   #2
NJMetsHero
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraceyS/FL View Post
A spot on the "bottom" (by the home button) of my Touch screen that doesn't work without very firm pressure. It's obviously when you swap jewels right after that area the difference.

I think there is a dead spot - i could NOT swap anything once last saturday. you know, while sitting at the genius bar.... alone with no one to see.

So now to figure out if there is a way to easily repeat it - other than playing bejeweled for a long time!
But that is an easy way to repeat it! It's easy to play Bejeweled for a long period of time, at least for me......
Old Nov 18, 2009, 08:17 AM   #3
TraceyS/FL
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJMetsHero View Post
But that is an easy way to repeat it! It's easy to play Bejeweled for a long period of time, at least for me......
yabut... can i convince a genius to do that?
Old Nov 18, 2009, 11:40 AM   #4
TraceyS/FL
macrumors 68040

So i downloaded a free drawing app to try this (my kids will love me for that!).

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/simpl...312257243?mt=8

And you can see that the bottom edge doesn't let you draw there. Can someone else try this for me so i can find out if this is normal or not?

Thanks!

I have a 2nd Gen 8gb Touch btw.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 396.png
Views:	17
Size:	120.3 KB
ID:	203660  
Old Nov 18, 2009, 07:21 PM   #5
crmccashin
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraceyS/FL View Post
So i downloaded a free drawing app to try this (my kids will love me for that!).

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/simpl...312257243?mt=8

And you can see that the bottom edge doesn't let you draw there. Can someone else try this for me so i can find out if this is normal or not?

Thanks!

I have a 2nd Gen 8gb Touch btw.
1st Gen/ 8 and I get the same results as you....maybe 3mm short of the very bottom edge of the screen.
crmccashin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2009, 07:36 PM   #6
TraceyS/FL
macrumors 68040

Thanks... i realize that it stops short, but the issues go a bit further up. I have been playing in portrait mode and don't have the issues with the "bottom" because it's higher in the game.

There is definitely something wrong down there, now to just figure out how to pinpoint it!

I appreciate the effort!!
Old Nov 19, 2009, 01:40 PM   #7
tst4eko
macrumors newbie

I have the 32GB 2nd gen version & I've had that problem for the last 6 or so months. I swear I used to be able to go to the edge on all 4 sides when I got it but now, no. I took it to Best Buy & they tried to reset to default settings but that didn't fix it.

I know there's a problem but I don't want to send it in for a repair....I use it too much!
tst4eko is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch