Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
A spot on the "bottom" (by the home button) of my Touch screen that doesn't work without very firm pressure. It's obviously when you swap jewels right after that area the difference.

I think there is a dead spot - i could NOT swap anything once last saturday. you know, while sitting at the genius bar.... alone with no one to see.

So now to figure out if there is a way to easily repeat it - other than playing bejeweled for a long time! :D

NJMetsHero

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2009
A spot on the "bottom" (by the home button) of my Touch screen that doesn't work without very firm pressure. It's obviously when you swap jewels right after that area the difference.

I think there is a dead spot - i could NOT swap anything once last saturday. you know, while sitting at the genius bar.... alone with no one to see.

So now to figure out if there is a way to easily repeat it - other than playing bejeweled for a long time! :D

But that is an easy way to repeat it! It's easy to play Bejeweled for a long period of time, at least for me......

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
So i downloaded a free drawing app to try this (my kids will love me for that!).

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/simpledraw/id312257243?mt=8

And you can see that the bottom edge doesn't let you draw there. Can someone else try this for me so i can find out if this is normal or not?

Thanks!

I have a 2nd Gen 8gb Touch btw.

Attachments

• Picture 396.png
    Picture 396.png
    120.3 KB · Views: 117

crmccashin

macrumors regular
Feb 28, 2008
So i downloaded a free drawing app to try this (my kids will love me for that!).

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/simpledraw/id312257243?mt=8

And you can see that the bottom edge doesn't let you draw there. Can someone else try this for me so i can find out if this is normal or not?

Thanks!

I have a 2nd Gen 8gb Touch btw.

1st Gen/ 8 and I get the same results as you....maybe 3mm short of the very bottom edge of the screen.

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
Thanks... i realize that it stops short, but the issues go a bit further up. I have been playing in portrait mode and don't have the issues with the "bottom" because it's higher in the game.

There is definitely something wrong down there, now to just figure out how to pinpoint it!

I appreciate the effort!!

tst4eko

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2009
I have the 32GB 2nd gen version & I've had that problem for the last 6 or so months. I swear I used to be able to go to the edge on all 4 sides when I got it but now, no. I took it to Best Buy & they tried to reset to default settings but that didn't fix it.

I know there's a problem but I don't want to send it in for a repair....I use it too much! :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.