Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jaykingfunk7239

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 6, 2009
Yorkshire, UK
Hey,

I'm using Pages 08 and for some reason its just started no showing any text.

I've started a new blank document from template chooser and everytime I type anything in a text box I have to highlight it so I can see it. It then comes up in purple but only when highlighted. The same happens with images.

I'm running 10.6.2 on a brand new LED iMac 21.5"

Any help would be greatly appreciated! J :apple:

buuudy

macrumors newbie
Nov 20, 2009
Hey,
I've had the same problem, it just started occurring. For now, I'm going to export my documents as rtf's then just edit them in text until I figure out what the solution it.
G.

mysterytramp

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2008
Maryland
If it's not white text, then make sure your fonts are OK. Run Font Book and choose the validation option. If errors are reported, that could be the issue.

mt

Gregg2

macrumors 604
May 22, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
System Preferences > Universal Access > Seeing

Display area: Black on White should be checked. Was yours set to White on Black?

tekno

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2011
This is happening to me, too. Pages '08 and all text is invisible. If I select it, I can see the text, if I change the colour to anything else, the text will appear - but when I select black, the text disappears. The flashing cursor is also invisible.

If I export the document as a pdf, it all looks fine.

Any advice?

JediMeister

macrumors 68040
Oct 9, 2008
Run Software Update. As I recall, Apple released an update for people using iWork '08 on Snow Leopard and later to correct this issue.

If not updates are available, make sure the iWork applications are in the folder where they belong, in /Applications/iWork '08. If they have been relocated or the folder deleted, recreate it and put the Keynote, Numbers, and Pages applications back to where they ought to be and run the update process again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.