Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

odelay

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2007
Anyone know if they are going to build a barclays app like natwest have done?

Not unless they build their own app. The Natwest, RBS & Ulster apps are all developed by Monilink. We would only see these apps for the following banks who support Monilink: NatWest, RBS, HSBC, First Direct, Lloyds TSB, Alliance & Leicester and Ulster Bank. Any others would be developed independently, unless they join. This site indicates they are in talks with all the major banks though, so it may happen at some stage:

http://www.monilink.co.uk/register/

LGShepherd

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2007
Teesside, United Kingdom
I have used the barclays.mobi website a few times for online banking and it is very good. Obviously it isn't as good as a native app, but it does the job and better than finding an ATM.

In regards to the security, I don't know how safe it is, but I doubt Barlcays would release something if it was going to be easy to hack into.

mobilebarclays

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2010
Mobile Barclays Banking App

Hi there,

There's a mobile banking app for barclays being released (i'm one of the developers).

Find more information at mobilebarclays.com

Hope that you find it useful!

Many thanks!

amt2002

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2008
I think we're all hoping Barclays are going to follow in the footsteps of other banks and design a proper app instead of the useless 'mobile-optimised website' they keep fobbing us off with!

I use RBS and Natwest apps and they are so easy to use and no effort required.

Come on Barclays :mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.