Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Nov 23, 2009, 07:01 PM   #1
SteinMaster
macrumors 6502

Send a message via ICQ to SteinMaster
Installing/Uninstalling VirtualBox

I installed VirtualBox to try it and then uninstalled it. I then installed VMWare Fusion 3.0. Does anyone know any issues I will have since I removed a VM and installed a different one. A colleague of mine told me I could have OS/hardware issues since a VM changes system configurations below the software level. I do not seem to be having any issues so far. He advised I should have re-installed my OS after deleting the VirtualBox VM. Please advise if anyone foresees issues. Is there anything I can check to determine if I have issues with my MacBook Pro UNB 2008. Thanks.
SteinMaster is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2009, 02:25 AM   #2
LtRammstein
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to LtRammstein Send a message via MSN to LtRammstein
Virtual Machines Host software does not mess with any hardware settings. They emulate those settings in software for the guest OS to use. Your friend seems to be... Uninformed... VirtualBox does not harm your machine what-so-ever. If you ever end up having issues contact the developers at http://virtualbox.org.

I've been running VirtualBox for about a year now on my MBP with XP and my iMac (XP and Fedora 11/12). I have not seen any hardware issues or any OS problems.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store