Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TDHXXX

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 3, 2009
Hey everyone... I'm working on something in pages and need to put in a table of contents, I've looked under sections but I can only see the option for a blank page, can anyone tell me how I insert a table of contents?

Thanks.

TDHXXX

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 3, 2009
I've looked at that, but the option for a tablet of contents isn't there for me...

live4ever

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2003
For icon to appear on the pop-up menu like in the video you must use a template with the table of contents defined within it (open the 'School Report' template from the template chooser to see).

If you started with a blank word processing document you can add a table of contents from the 'Insert' menu as long as you used paragraph styles to define the different sections within your document.

Marlock

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2009
For icon to appear on the pop-up menu like in the video you must use a template with the table of contents defined within it (open the 'School Report' template from the template chooser to see).

If you started with a blank word processing document you can add a table of contents from the 'Insert' menu as long as you used paragraph styles to define the different sections within your document.

Hey I've got a question here.
Is it possible to have two different Tables of Contents in the same document, with different styles applied?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.