Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sunsnewmac

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 3, 2007
My external memory card reader is temperamental and one day while importing its contents into iPhoto, it ejected itself. I got the warning about not safely ejecting my memory card and thought everything would be ok since that happened before and nothing too bad came from it. Only this time, iPhoto crashes regularly as it's searching for this one file--a .mov--that was on the ejected memory card. It searches for this file every time the app loads, and immediately after I try uploading a new batch of photos. The message I get is "The volume for "file name" cannot be found. Insert the disk or connect to the server volume..." The crash entails beachball, fans going crazy, and the app freezes so must force quit.

I deleted the entry in the iPhoto library (in Finder) but it didn't help. I tried uploading a backup copy of that same file back into the iPhoto library. I've also tried inserting the original memory card with the file on it and nothing helps. What can I do?

Version of iPhoto is 6.06. Hope you can help, thank you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.