Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Nov 26, 2009, 04:00 AM   #1
mikereith
macrumors newbie

iPhone can't find blue tooth device

I've used my iPhone with a blue tooth device in my car. I have replaced the device and deleted the old one from the memory of my iPhone (I think!).

I have also reset the iPhone, and now need it to work with a new device for my car.

However my iPhone cannot find other blue tooth devices in its vicinity... e.g. computer, another iPhone... etc (although those devices can 'see' my iPhone!).
All that happens is that in General Settings the 'searching...' section in bluetooth keeps going round in circles - ever looking, but never finding!
Any help to resolve this will be gratefully received.
mikereith is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2009, 01:52 PM   #2
mikereith
macrumors newbie

Partial answer

From another website I found an answer that works if the blue tooth device has a blue flashing light.
This certainly worked on my wife's iPhone allowing it to connect to the car speaker phone device (Jabra 5050).

1. turn off tooth
2. turn off blue tooth function on the iphone
3. push on and hold switch on the tooth until solid blue light comes up (which it does after holding it for about 10 secs or less).
4. turn on blue tooth on the iphone, it finds it in 2 sec, password 0000 or whatever the instructions say it ought to be.

Sadly this solution does not work on the Tom Tom car kit because it has no blue light to flash!
So... am off to see a Genius tomorrow at the local Apple shop unless someone who reads and replies this posting comes up with a genius solution first!
mikereith is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting