Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

Old Nov 27, 2009, 05:08 PM   #1
rosspage
macrumors newbie

Wink Saving on a Mac Air

I have had my Mac Air for 18 months and still haven't worked out how to save easily. Often when I hit Save As, the save box only gives me a few options. i.e. I can't just go to anywhere on in Finder and save into a file. What am I doing wrong? Is it something in preferences? When I went to Help it just told me to click on the down arrow and it will bring up a list of options, but it is only a short list and an even shorter list of recent options.

Please - can anyone help or am I the only one having this problem?
Cheers
rosspage is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2009, 09:57 PM   #2
MooneyFlyer
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosspage View Post
I have had my Mac Air for 18 months and still haven't worked out how to save easily. Often when I hit Save As, the save box only gives me a few options. i.e. I can't just go to anywhere on in Finder and save into a file. What am I doing wrong? Is it something in preferences? When I went to Help it just told me to click on the down arrow and it will bring up a list of options, but it is only a short list and an even shorter list of recent options.

Please - can anyone help or am I the only one having this problem?
Cheers
When you hit the down arrow does it give you the list of your "Places" on the left side of the window? From there you can navigate anywhere you want on the harddrive, your home folder, etc... just double click away...
MooneyFlyer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2009, 10:45 PM   #3
flyfish29
macrumors 68020

It is technically a triangle (not an arrow) you are looking for. See the screen shot (below) and the SINGLE triangle right next to the line that says "Saving on a Mac Air- Mac Forums" and click that- then you should see all sorts of options.

If you are talking about the triangle I note above and you still don't have many options then you need to edit the list in the a finder window.

Open up a finder window.
Navigate to the folders you want listed on the far left of a "save" or "finder" window.
Drag the folder you want to the appropriate place on that list on the far left of the finder window.
Keep adding until you have plenty of folder locations to save to.

(Not sure I explained that very clearly- let me know if you need clarification
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	14.6 KB
ID:	204971  

Last edited by flyfish29; Nov 27, 2009 at 10:55 PM.
flyfish29 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air