Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion

Old Nov 27, 2009, 05:40 PM   #1
MacBytes
macrumors bot

There's way more to your Mac than the Dock

Category: Opinion/Interviews
Link: There's way more to your Mac than the Dock
Description:: none

Posted on MacBytes.com
Approved by Mudbug
MacBytes is offline   0
Old Nov 29, 2009, 08:16 AM   #2
RichTF
macrumors member

Okay, that was worth reading just to find out about the Calculator app. It really is the best Calculator app ever! I got a replacement Dashboard calculator widget ages ago, but needn't have bothered. Awesome.
RichTF is offline   0
Old Nov 29, 2009, 10:23 AM   #3
RHatton
macrumors regular

I've had people come in to my work that have been using macs for 5-10 years and have no idea what expose' is...I love my mac, I love the company but I have to say the OS is almost making it too easy for people to neglect learning how to use their computer. 4 out of 5 customers that I have talked to that own macs couldn't tell you what OS they are running. This may be due to the login screen not blasting a Tiger/Leopard/Snow Leopard logo in your face but I still see it at least somewhat important to know which OS you have if you for some reason have an issue. I am hoping this is just a phase that new mac users are entering and that it will pass with time as people are given more opportunities to be exposed to them.
Old Nov 29, 2009, 11:08 AM   #4
Kilamite
macrumors G3

I ended up locking the Dock on my sister's MacBook so she doesn't drag things off it.

I sometimes think maybe Apple should have made it so a key has to be pressed to drag things on and off the Dock (i.e. CMD).
Kilamite is offline   0
Old Nov 30, 2009, 04:55 AM   #5
Mr Skills
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilamite View Post
I ended up locking the Dock on my sister's MacBook so she doesn't drag things off it.

I sometimes think maybe Apple should have made it so a key has to be pressed to drag things on and off the Dock (i.e. CMD).
It is WAY too easy for inexperienced users to accidentally drag icons off the dock. You should have to drag the icon to the trash to remove it. It would be just as intuitive (and consistent with the rest of the UI) but harder to do by accident.

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion