Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Nov 27, 2009, 10:33 PM   #1
stephness
macrumors newbie

iPhone 3G Will Not Slide to Unlock/Power Off?

Hey everyone!

I just got an iPhone 3G from eBay in which the seller says the phone has been unlocked, successfully used with T-Mobile, and upgraded to OS 3.1.2. I put my T-Mobile SIM card in but the phone locked and I am not able to slide to unlock or slide to power off. I have soft reset it a couple of times but nothing has worked.

Sorry I'm such an iPhone noob, but any help would be amazing!
stephness is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2009, 01:17 AM   #2
stephness
macrumors newbie

Just to clarify, the slide to unlock/power off bars slide but they do not slide all the way and stop and the same point. I was able to slide to unlock the phone before putting my SIM card in, but now sliding the bars will not work with or without the SIM card. I have already synced the iPhone on iTunes and that hasn't changed anything either.
stephness is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2009, 07:06 AM   #3
Moi un Mouton
macrumors 68000

Restore the phone through iTunes.

Once that's done, run BlackRa1n and then BlackSn0w.

This is the step-by-step instructions for Windows:
http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=5886

or this is for the Mac:
http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=5885
Moi un Mouton is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting