Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

quantum003

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 27, 2009
Superposition
Hi all,

I'm wondering if there is a product like this available... ideally it would be a attractive external Blu-Ray burner/player that I could connect to my Mac Pro to burn/read Blu-Ray discs (FW800 would be a bonus :rolleyes:), and then transfer to the living room to connect to my TV and view DVDs and Blu-Ray discs in 1080p.

Any suggestions? Thanks all!

Mediaformae

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2009
Braga, Portugal
Blu-ray burners

Hi!

At the time I write this, you porbably know what I'm about to say, but here it goes anyway.

I've seen on the market severa external (and internal) Blu-ray Disc burners.
Altough they don't support FW 800 you can get speeds up to 8x recording.
Drop by LaCie's site to find out more.

I'm also eager to find one that supports FW 800, so if you find one, give me a post.

islandcode

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2009
Makati, Philippines
I have a dIGISTOR External USB 2.0 Blu-ray burner. It's great, I can connect it to my Macs (MacBook Pro 3,1 MacMini PPC, MacMini Intel) to read/access data Blu-ray discs and burn HD video projects to BD-R media (using Adobe Encore). However, I cannot use the DIGISTOR USB Blu-ray burner watch Blu-ray movies/discs on my Macs, BLu-ray disc playback is not supported on Mac OS X. For watching Blu-ray movies, I hook it up to my Windows PC running Windows 7 and which has a high res 512MB NVIDIA video card. Hope this helps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.