Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

seisend

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 20, 2009
Switzerland
Hi,

I want to use my SONY PS3 Bluetooth Headset with my Mac Pro running Windows 7 64bit in Bootcamp. Using the headset in OSX worked fine for me...

- Windows 7 recognizes the headset and installs it with one error. "No drivers found for the bluetooth device...". There are no drivers for this headset. Windows recognizes it as bluetooth headset but it's no listed in the sound preferences too... I searched on google in many forums and didn't found a solution... Some people got it working somehow with Bluetooth drivers and stuff but didn't helped me. I know that this headset can run with Windows...

Anyone has a solution for this?

Thank You !

mlambert890

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2006
windows doesnt provide the headset profiles out of box for some reason (i suspect some licensing problem with widcomm)

for win 7, you will have to locate the broadcomm drivers to provide the right profiles for the headset. you will have to seek out the vista set as there is nothing w7 specific yet (would just be labeling anyway as the w7 driver model is identical to vista)

search around for w7/vista and bt headsets and you will find it.

as for the ps3 piece, im pretty sure its standard profile, so once you have windows recognizing headsets in general, that one should work

ahddib

macrumors newbie
Jan 13, 2011
I'm weighing down this boat too

Totally the same issue.

Bootcamp 3.2

windows 7

ps3 plantronics p90 headset

the broadcom driver software doesn't recognize the bluetooth headset when attempting to fix the driver.

I can't find a driver to install manually for my life!

I can pair to the computer, but i can not use the thing for anything.

and of course no driver available grr!

first post on these forums btw.

here's the link to what I've been trying to do and it fails. hope it helps you out some m8

http://www.broadcom.com/support/bluetooth/update.php
Ahddib

Last edited:

mrkonow

macrumors newbie
Jan 17, 2011
i have been searching for a solution for the past 8 months... i read other forums stating SL bootcamp had fixed native bluetooth drivers. i purchased SL and installed and no luck. then, i tried several other things from other forums and eventually corrupted my bluetooth on the mac side, did a fresh SL re-install.

still no luck with the bluetooth, and for some reason, my newly fresh install is lagging/hanging for the most basic tasks. apparently SL is a buggy OS. repairing permissions helped, but there are occasional hangs here and there, something that didn't happen with Leopard.

i also learnt that there are ways to install drivers in compatibility mode, but i still can't find the real bluetooth "stack" to try.
Bootcamp(or maybe windows) has profiles for data transfer and input devices, not communication devices.

i tried this with 2 different motorola HS(don't think it matters), and i have a late 2008 MBP running bootcamp 3.2 win7 ultimate edition.

please some1 help!!!

mrkonow

macrumors newbie
Jan 17, 2011
Found the solution!!!!

hi, so right after i posted here, i was searching online and i FOUND IT and 100% works.

the person claimed it worked on a 2010 MBP, and it worked also on my late 2008 MBP.

i deleted my previous "fail" bluetooth headset pairings... then i went to

http://www.downloadatoz.com/driver/articles/free-download-acer-aspire-as5740-laptop-driver.html

download the 5740 bluetooth driver.

install, then reboot.

pair your headset, and i heard 6 sound prompts(and before this, only 3 then fail)... and VOILA

FINALLY I CANT BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i need to post this on the apple forums now...

acsikos

macrumors newbie
Jan 25, 2011
Thanks mrkonow, your solution saved my life! :)

hi, so right after i posted here, i was searching online and i FOUND IT and 100% works.

the person claimed it worked on a 2010 MBP, and it worked also on my late 2008 MBP.

http://www.downloadatoz.com/driver/articles/free-download-acer-aspire-as5740-laptop-driver.html

install, then reboot.

pair your headset, and i heard 6 sound prompts(and before this, only 3 then fail)... and VOILA

FINALLY I CANT BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i need to post this on the apple forums now...

Brianair

macrumors newbie
Jul 4, 2011
Worked for me!

Thanks a lot mrkonow - the 5740 driver worked fine for me too!

I'm using a 08/09 unibody MBP 15" and now my Jabra JX10 bluetooth headset works with Windows 7 in Bootcamp! I've made a test call using Skype (after selecting the bluetooth headset in the Skype settings) and it's working great.

Note: In case anyone wants to know - I use a bluetooth Apple wireless keyboard and that carried on working fine too - I didn't need to touch it once the new Broadcom WIDCOMM drivers were installed, just paired the headset after the reboot and all was fine.

Cheers loads :)

install, then reboot.

Muks

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2011
Working 100%

Hi,

I've been looking for this for months. Thank you very much for the information, I hope this helps a lot of people. (Tested on 13" MacBook Pro 2010 with several headsets).

Install + Reboot and Enjoy!

--------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks a lot mrkonow - the 5740 driver worked fine for me too!

I'm using a 08/09 unibody MBP 15" and now my Jabra JX10 bluetooth headset works with Windows 7 in Bootcamp! I've made a test call using Skype (after selecting the bluetooth headset in the Skype settings) and it's working great.

Note: In case anyone wants to know - I use a bluetooth Apple wireless keyboard and that carried on working fine too - I didn't need to touch it once the new Broadcom WIDCOMM drivers were installed, just paired the headset after the reboot and all was fine.

Cheers loads :)

MarkAdlibis

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2011
Great thx it works

Many Thanks for this answer, it works for me too!
I searched for a long time already.

MacBook Pro :apple:, Bootcamp Windows 7
Polycom VoiceStation 500 (PLCM VS500)

install, then reboot.

verypsb

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2011
Does anyone have a solution for the Macbook Air 2011 models? I tried the suggested solution, but it doesn't work :(

Apple-Guy

macrumors member
Nov 2, 2010
Belgium
Thank you, the above solution worked great for my Apple MacBook Pro Early 2008 Penryn ;)

so thanks a lot :)

Greetz Apple-Guy

pofs

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2011
Holy ****!

OFFICIALLY YOU ARE MY FRIGGIN HERO!!! ILY:cool:;):eek::(:):confused::eek::rolleyes::mad::apple::cool::p:D;):(:D:):) (spam lol)

I hate signing up to a damn website to post been doin it all day. its just aweful. i thought to myself, "if this works, i will be his slave.... -=+5 minutes later +=- :eek: oh ****!"

pofs

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2011
Beware of satan lovers

install, then reboot.

if this worked for you and you didnt vote it up then you going to
H E L L​
[/FONT]

oomega1

macrumors member
May 29, 2003
bump

Anyone get have a solution for macbook pro 2011? I have tried like 20 headphones and none of them work.

navarretemarce

macrumors newbie
Bootcamp Bluetooth audio Drivers

Please help pushing some pressure on Apple to provide appropriate bluetooth drivers for bootcamp windows for the new bluetooth card. (BCM20702 BT V4 + HS, built in Macbook Air MID2011, Mackbook Pro 2011, iMAC and mini).
Use the link above to let them now that the actual drivers makes virtually any audio bluetooth device UNUSABLE:

http://www.apple.com/feedback/bootcamp.html

Cheers,

Marcelo

navarretemarce

macrumors newbie
Solution for 2011 MBA and MBP! I found it

Microsoft bluetooth stack included in Windows 7 doesn't support A2DP profile, MS stated that the drivers should be provided by the hardware manufacturer. However, Apple drivers (based on the MS stack) doesn't provide support for audio profile. So doesn't matter which bluetooth headset you buy, it wont work out of the box. BCM drivers did the job for earlier (2010) models but wont install on MBP 2011 (nor MBA 2011, iMac 2011).
For the latest models I posted the the solution here:

https://discussions.apple.com/message/17665845#17665845

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.