Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Acquiesce

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 14, 2009
Copenhagen, Denmark
Hi, i've recently started using bootcamp on my new mbp with xp pro, mostly in order to be able to play steam games. And that's worked out fine for the most - i can play most steam games without issues and with max settings. But then i got left4dead and downloaded the demo for left4dead 2. Both games show the same issue; unpredictable screen-freezes and permanent lag. When i try to play on, the screen eventually goes to the desktop with the message "the nv4_disp display driver has stopped working normally. reboot your system "ect... i've tried switching between the 9400m and 9600, but it's all the same. Does anyone have advice on how to fix this error? - particularly weird that it's just for these 2 games. Perhaps updating the video drivers, but i don't know how to do that, especially with boot camp. Btw i've got a June 2009 15" MBP.
Thanks in advance

CylonGlitch

macrumors 68030
Jul 7, 2009
Nashville
Just think of it this way, when in XP (windows) you have no access to your OSX (mac) partition at all. Thus no matter how much you mess around with that partition you won't mess up OSX. If you mess with the partition tables you can but in general software won't effect it. And drivers aren't much different then just software -- just dedicated and running at ring 0.

Acquiesce

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 14, 2009
Copenhagen, Denmark
Just think of it this way, when in XP (windows) you have no access to your OSX (mac) partition at all. Thus no matter how much you mess around with that partition you won't mess up OSX. If you mess with the partition tables you can but in general software won't effect it. And drivers aren't much different then just software -- just dedicated and running at ring 0.

Ill keep that in mind.. and try updating those drivers. thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.