Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch > iPod touch Accessories

Old Dec 1, 2009, 05:14 AM   #1
Baghdadify
macrumors newbie

iPod Touch starts randomly playing music by itself when headset is plugged in.

Hi everyone. I got this weird issue on my iPod Touch 3G (32gig). When I have the original Apple headset plugged in it just starts playing music randomly while it's in my pocket. I'm sure I haven't clicked the remote button, since sometimes it's in my jacket (on the coat-hanger) when it fires up.

This only happens with the original Apple headset. I'm running version 3.1.2, couldn't find anything about it when I searched.

Any ideas?
Baghdadify is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2009, 12:47 PM   #2
Austin2048
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to Austin2048 Send a message via MSN to Austin2048 Send a message via Yahoo to Austin2048
did you try restoring it? i have a third gen ipod shuffle and it does that all thhe time. if i pause the music for a few minutes it will randomly start playing all by itself. i know its not me pressing the button cuz it always starts playing the same song. i restored it and it hasnt happened yet
Old Dec 8, 2009, 05:06 AM   #3
Baghdadify
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin2048 View Post
did you try restoring it? i have a third gen ipod shuffle and it does that all thhe time. if i pause the music for a few minutes it will randomly start playing all by itself. i know its not me pressing the button cuz it always starts playing the same song. i restored it and it hasnt happened yet
Actually I did try to restore it, "problem" still there. It doesn't happen if I've got it unplugged though.
Baghdadify is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2009, 11:54 AM   #4
Consultant
macrumors G5

Sometimes when the headphones are plugged in, the contacts can trip depending on the headphone.

Try plugging at a different speed.
Consultant is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2009, 01:29 PM   #5
interlaced
macrumors 6502a

Try cleaning out the headphone jack with compressed air.
interlaced is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch > iPod touch Accessories