Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

avpmusic

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 17, 2008
i just bought the imac online, and it says i will receive the computer on the 18th. i really hope by then, that all the horror stories i've been hearing lately will be figured out. the DOA's, the flickering, the black outs.

from what i ready, as soon as i receive the imac, i should definitely reinstall the OS with the restore disks because the factory OS thats been pre installed is .. "buggy"?

a question to tho's who have 'sent back' the mac for replacements in the past.
what was the procedure like? how long did it take you to get your replacement? did apple cover the shipping both ways? i'm a little interested, because what if you got apple care, and registered the imac that was sent for replacement. was there something you had to fill out to say "apply apple care to replacement"?

miren

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2009
DOA Time

I just send my i7 back on 12-1-09. On 12-2-09 Apple said my replacement would be shipped 12-16-09. I guess it is just like ordering a new computer. I am not happy about them having 2600.00 dollars of my money then having to wait 18 days for the use of my computer.

MacKiddyWiddy

macrumors 6502
Aug 18, 2009
apple have been swamped with sales. they physically dont have the stock, and if there is anything custom about your imac, then they make them on order, so you have to wait for it to be made
signature_SmileyFace.jpg
i think

miren

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2009
replacement i7

I do know that this is their busy time of year. My point is that I was told by two Apple Reps that the way my return would work was that as soon as fedx scanned my return box the new computer would be built within 24 hrs. and shipped 2day. Had the matter been handeled the way they both said it would I should have had it on 12-4-09. When I checked this AM my update said I should have it on Dec. 21st. I don't think I should be treated like I just ordered a new computer on 12-1- 09 . I paid in full on Nov. 3rd. :(

skye12

macrumors 65816
Nov 11, 2006
Austin, Tx
I'm going to hold off just to see what the new MBP quad cores look like
after the first of the year. By that time everything will likely be worked out,
I'll check out the new laptops and possibly will save a few bucks on an i5 (if I decide to go the iMac route).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.