Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FearlessFreep

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 15, 2008
Northern Virginia, USA
For those that care.

Adds:
Contact Integration
Music Controls
Calling POIs
Waypoint support
QWERTY keyboard
Free Navteq map update

Plus bugfixes, including the startup bug which was really holding this nav app back.

They've been superseded by some of the larger GPS makers, but this is a solid app now that it's fixed.

Vinny1967

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2009
Unfortunately it took them four and a half months to get this update out.

I purchased the V1.0 app and it had a couple of major bugs which made it unusable for me.

I contacted the Igo support team at the end of July to tell them that if an update wasn't imminent that I would be seeking a refund. They replied that they were aware of the bugs and to be patient since an update was coming soon.

I don't call four and half months soon. Navigon have released three major updates since then.

The Igo product seemed a good app when it worked, but it has been let down by an unbelievably bad support team (even worse than TomTom).

benfica88

macrumors regular
Nov 21, 2008
Unfortunately it took them four and a half months to get this update out.

I purchased the V1.0 app and it had a couple of major bugs which made it unusable for me.

I contacted the Igo support team at the end of July to tell them that if an update wasn't imminent that I would be seeking a refund. They replied that they were aware of the bugs and to be patient since an update was coming soon.

I don't call four and half months soon. Navigon have released three major updates since then.

The Igo product seemed a good app when it worked, but it has been let down by an unbelievably bad support team (even worse than TomTom).

+1
I went with Co-pilot after my refund and am much happier now...

Beefburga

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2009
Igo update

Yes, the original app had bugs. (failing to start up was a blinder!)
And yes, it's taken them ages to update but once updated this app works a treat.

I've tried some of the other Nav apps and still stand by Igo.

Don't get me wrong, I was close to requesting a refund but I thought I would give them chance to correct what they got wrong. They've done that now and I'm glad I gave them chance.

Anywhooos!

All the best guys

Beef

FearlessFreep

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 15, 2008
Northern Virginia, USA
Agreed. From my experience thus far with the new update, the bugginess has mostly been solved. The app now starts reliably (!) and is responsive and runs well, even on a 3G. I still say iGoMyWay has one of the best UIs going in terms of usefulness when you're actually driving, and its routing has always been good for me.
It lacks some of the features and has been surpassed by Navigon in terms of TTS and traffic, but compares quite favorably to several others. It is solid, if not spectacular.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.