Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oacory

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2008
New Jersey
Please Help!

I am have a MBP (Early 2008 2.4Ghz 2 GB RAM). I was on it last night and shut it down regularly and everything seemed normal but this morning i went to boot up my computer and it started to load what seemed normally with the apple coming up but after about 4-5 minutes a circle comes up with a line through it and stays in the state. I have tried booting up off of the battery, without the battery and running strictly on the plug, and using both and they all turn out the same way... with the circle. I have even tried holding down the option key which brings me into target mode but since I only have one partition, I chose it and it does the same exact thing. I don't know what to do.

oacory

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2008
New Jersey
I did install some updates earlier in the day yesterday but probably turned my computer on and off three or four times since that point with it still booting. So I don't think that a software update is the issue but who really knows.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.