Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sonofslim

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2003
nifty article in this month's macworld (or mac addict? can't tell them apart) about using iPod's basic html support to create notes with hyperlinks to other notes, songs, playlists, etc. you can also enable a "notes-only" mode so that you (or anyone using your iPod) has to use your custom notes to navigate. the example they used in the article was an iPod-based love note/mix for someone. perfect for the techno-cutie in your life.

mac_gal

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2004
sonofslim said:
nifty article in this month's macworld (or mac addict? can't tell them apart) about using iPod's basic html support to create notes with hyperlinks to other notes, songs, playlists, etc. you can also enable a "notes-only" mode so that you (or anyone using your iPod) has to use your custom notes to navigate. the example they used in the article was an iPod-based love note/mix for someone. perfect for the techno-cutie in your life.

:)

That was the September (or August? I don't know, they arrived a day apart!) issue of Macworld.

rock6079

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2004
mac_gal said:
:)

That was the September (or August? I don't know, they arrived a day apart!) issue of Macworld.

twas september macworld.. im reading it as we speak

Horrortaxi

macrumors 68020
Jul 6, 2003
Los Angeles
I put my grocery lists in the Notes section. I'm usually listening to it in the store anyway (because if I hear 1 more mom bribing her tantruming kid I'm going to do something that will get me in trouble) so it makes sense to put the shopping list on it. I guess I could do the same with driving directions as well since it's already out and running most of the time in the car--but it's a little hard to read so that might be dangerous.

I have a couple interesting iPod uses, but they're not mine. I read about somebody recording tracks of silence and then using an iTrip to hijack somebody's radio in the park or at a stoplight.

In Liam Lynch's "United States of Whatever" video there's a robot that "sings" the song. To make it sing the song properly he made a vocal only mix of the song and loaded it on his iPod. Then he plugged the robot's mouth (which was just an array of LEDs) into the iPod and played the song.

Necessity is the mother of invention and as a Mac user you should be able to "think different" so you ought to be able to figure out some interesting stuff to do with your iPod.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.