Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Dec 6, 2009, 07:36 AM   #1
nes007
macrumors newbie

My bottom layer icons (email, itunes, phone, safari) are now gone

My toddler was playing games in my bed this morning. He is normally quite good with the phone and has his own apps to play. Anyhow about 15 minutes later I took the phone from him and instead of seeing the bottom layer icons that are static across screens I see a gray box. It appears darker at the top and gets lighter to the bottom with the number of tiny dark dots getting smaller as they get to the bottom. At the very bottom of the screen is a dark bottom line.

Anyone with experience with this? So far I have tried resetting it.

iPhone 3G.
nes007 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2009, 07:48 AM   #2
crewrules101
macrumors member

your toddler seems to have entered the customization part of the phone. They simply touched and held their finger on any icon for long enough for them to start "dancing". when this happened they slid all of the icons out of the bottom grey bar. To put the phone, mail, safari, and ipod apps back into the bar, again, touch your finger to any icon until they start dancing, and then click and drag the icon for the phone, mail, safari, and ipod back into the bar. you can also adjust other icons the same way as well. if you also want you can adjust them in itunes with your iphone attached. for more info and a how to, go here: http://www.apple.com/iphone/how-to/#...he-home-screen
crewrules101 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2009, 07:53 AM   #3
nes007
macrumors newbie

Thank you! I googled the heck out of the symptoms. Glad it was something so simple.
nes007 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting