Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ollieeddie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
Is there any 3rd party app that can split my output audio, there is an output at the back that i have for my speakers and the one on the front i use for headphones and i was wondering if there i any way of playing different audio out of each of them.
im using dj software at the moment and would like to hear my cue

if that made any sense please help, cheers.:apple:

belvdr

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2005
I don't think that's possible. Why not just split the audio from one port using a duplexer?

ollieeddie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
no i want separate audio coming from each output, at the moment i get the same from both so my speakers and headphone play the same sound

belvdr

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2005
Oh I see. I'm afraid I've never heard of such a solution with one audio card. You could add a second audio card, and see if your application can specify its own audio card.

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
I would think you'd need a second audio card for that, since you are trying to process two audio streams across separate outputs. In addition, the software would have to support choosing the different outputs.

ollieeddie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
bummer, every mad idea i have come up with i have managed to find a software for it, i'll continue my search

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.