Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Spock

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 6, 2002
Vulcan
I am looking to buy a 1.33MhZ 12" Powerbook soon and would like to get some feedback. I want the Powerbook for light video editing, Garageband and a little Photoshop and some presentations with Keynote. Thanks

SuperChuck

macrumors 6502
Nov 15, 2003
Chucktown, SC
I have the 1.33 12-inch and it has a little trouble with complex GarageBand songs (start, stop, start, stop). I'm still using the base 256 MB, though, so more RAM may solve this problem.

seamuskrat

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2003
New Jersey USA
I have a 1.25 15 inch. Keynote with complex video is just fine. FCE is fine as well. Photoshop works great, even with plug ins.

I have 1 gig of RAM. Everything works better with more RAM.

I do not use GB so I cannot say how it will perform. But I suspect with at east 512 RAM and drive space you will be fine.

Spock said:
I am looking to buy a 1.33MhZ 12' Powerbook soon and would like to get some feedback. I want the Powerbook for light video editing, Garageband and a little Photoshop and some presentations with Keynote. Thanks

TDM21

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2004
I have a rev. C 12"Pb and I could not be happier. the size of the laptop makes it very portable and the the battery life is superb. I recomend this laptop for almost anyboyd. And when you span the screen across another monitor you have a very good workstation.

Ari_0

macrumors regular
Jul 4, 2004
Spock said:
I am looking to buy a 1.33MhZ 12' Powerbook soon and would like to get some feedback. I want the Powerbook for light video editing, Garageband and a little Photoshop and some presentations with Keynote. Thanks

Well, considering the tasks you intend to use it for, it's perfect. You might even be able to run a few medium level games (C&C Generals, Call of Duty..etc). Im getting one soon too :D

Mord

macrumors G4
Aug 24, 2003
UK
i'm probaly going to pick up a rev. c 12" soon and my question is an odd one.

i needs someone that has owned a 12" and a 15" or 17" powerbook

when you pull your 12" out in a public place, do you feel that wow factor from onlookers? and if so dose it compare to a 15" or 17" oh yeah i feel like james bond feeling.

SolidGun

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2004
Twin Cities
There are a few reasons why we buy Apple products. And especially for Apple computers, it is Mac OS and its stylish design. Personally, I don't benefit from the "wow factor", and get more of a "pity factor" from most people.
With the 12", people think that I just didn't have enough money to pick up the 17" or 15". Which isn't the case....I just need a portable that is truly portable.
People think that the PB is made out of cheap plastic that is painted silver. Until they touch it or ask.
Another issue is that people think I am a simpleton barely hanging on to the computer world because I am using a Mac in public.
I can't believe that I am surrounded by idiots.

titaniumducky

macrumors 6502a
Nov 22, 2003
Spock said:

Oh my God! A 12 foot PowerBook. It's going to eat us all :D.

Spock

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 6, 2002
Vulcan
Brother Michael said:
What are you currently using?

Mike

A Powermac G3 400MhZ and a iBook G3 366 and a 233 iMac as my newest. It will be fast for me. I do intend to Max out the RAM. Thank You for Your input

Mord

macrumors G4
Aug 24, 2003
UK
SolidGun said:
There are a few reasons why we buy Apple products. And especially for Apple computers, it is Mac OS and its stylish design. Personally, I don't benefit from the "wow factor", and get more of a "pity factor" from most people.
With the 12", people think that I just didn't have enough money to pick up the 17" or 15". Which isn't the case....I just need a portable that is truly portable.
People think that the PB is made out of cheap plastic that is painted silver. Until they touch it or ask.
Another issue is that people think I am a simpleton barely hanging on to the computer world because I am using a Mac in public.
I can't believe that I am surrounded by idiots.

thats strange because i get quite allot of wow when i use my ibook in public (like the person across from me on a train gawking at me)

as some guy said in his sig apples market share is an accurate representation of the number sane people on this planet

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.