Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

Old Dec 9, 2009, 03:34 AM   #1
khung601
macrumors newbie

Adapter magsafe

I would like to learn about more detail of circuit at magsafe connector side. It has flexible PCB and circuit on it. I don't know function of IC U1. It use to control LED at magsafe connector or swith off adapter when battery full. Please help to advise me about more detail or method of circuit in this flexible PCB. Thank you so much.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030988.JPG
Views:	56
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	206509  
khung601 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2009, 09:46 AM   #2
ericvmazzone
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by khung601 View Post
I would like to learn about more detail of circuit at magsafe connector side. It has flexible PCB and circuit on it. I don't know function of IC U1. It use to control LED at magsafe connector or swith off adapter when battery full. Please help to advise me about more detail or method of circuit in this flexible PCB. Thank you so much.
Are you trying to reverse engineer this? Ask Apple.
ericvmazzone is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2009, 12:16 PM   #3
coast1ja
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericvmazzone View Post
That's what it sounds like to me too!... hmmm, a new member of MacRumors makes their first post about the circuitry in a very minuscule part of a very complex product??? sounds quite fishy. I would also suggest asking apple, I'm sure they won't mind divulging very detailed and possibly sensitive information about the design of their products... good luck with that.
Old Dec 9, 2009, 02:41 PM   #4
alphaod
macrumors Core

Well the center pin is a pivot and it's a postive polarity; since the adapter is reversible, one of the other pins is the negative pole with the other 2 as a data circuit; I don't know either since I can't inspect the circuit.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericvmazzone View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by coast1ja View Post
That's what it sounds like to me too!... hmmm, a new member of MacRumors makes their first post about the circuitry in a very minuscule part of a very complex product??? sounds quite fishy. I would also suggest asking apple, I'm sure they won't mind divulging very detailed and possibly sensitive information about the design of their products... good luck with that.
So what if the OP is trying to reverse engineer this? What would asking Apple do? And what's fishy about this?

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air