Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice

Old Dec 9, 2009, 03:25 PM   #1
ouimetnick
macrumors 68020

Send a message via AIM to ouimetnick Send a message via Yahoo to ouimetnick Send a message via Skype™ to ouimetnick
Off lease Avenue

I'm seriously considering putting my first generation iPhone up on ebay, because every time there is an update, I have to go to an AT&T Store, get a sim, then go back to the store and cancel, and then once I get the bill, go to the store, and say I own the phone, so I'm not paying $194.00 ETF! So I would throw it on ebay, and either buy an iPod touch, or another laptop. i was looking at this site, http://www.offleaseavenue.com/servlet/Categories my moms co-worker bought things from that site, and thats where my moms work computer will be soon. I'm looking at the dell latitude D620, but what computer would you chose? the Dell laptop, dell desktop or the HP work station thing. I'm leaning towards the D620, because my mom uses that model for work, and even with the 1.6GHZ Intel core duo, it is fast considering 7 programs launch at startup, and the HD has 29GB used of 40GB.
But then maybe, I will just buy a touch, or not sell the iPhone. Apple and AT&t are really a pain in the ass. I don't want to hack/jailbreak the iphone, but why Apple can't make it like the iphone 3G when it comes time to activate/restore, I don;t know.
Old Dec 31, 2009, 01:27 PM   #2
ouimetnick
macrumors 68020

Send a message via AIM to ouimetnick Send a message via Yahoo to ouimetnick Send a message via Skype™ to ouimetnick
Anyone?
Old Dec 31, 2009, 02:40 PM   #3
skubish
macrumors 68030

Keep the iPhone.Get a Mac.Layoff the caffeine.Use paragraphs.Get a good nights rest.

I hope that answers your questions.
iPod Nano 8GB Blue
skubish is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2010, 02:40 PM   #4
ouimetnick
macrumors 68020

Heres what I did. I kept the iPhone, and sold my Gateway Laptop for $201 Then I used my other money, and bought a Dell Latitude D620 off ebay. I got it from Dell Financial Services. (DFS) I paid $290 for it. I',m waiting for it to come in. I paid for it Wednesday night.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice