Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Dec 10, 2009, 07:12 AM   #1
julianna1973
macrumors 6502

Ipod Nano connected to mac itunes library, how to rip to a windows itunes?

I set up my mums ipod nano thru my imac itunes. Now she has an ipod touch, she wants everything to be on her windows itunes library & manage it herself. So im trying to get the songs which are on the nano, onto her library & then her touch!!!

What free program is there like expod which will allow me to do this? I have tried searching on here but no luck & the only one i found elsewhere wasnt free & the trial version would only allow for 10 songs to be transferred.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 12:39 PM   #2
instaxgirl
macrumors 65816

In this thread I put up links to some software for transferring music off an iPod. It should work on a PC, and there was a video showing how to use all the software. It did the trick for the last OP.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthre...49#post8570549

Last edited by instaxgirl; Dec 10, 2009 at 03:25 PM.
instaxgirl is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2009, 02:48 PM   #3
julianna1973
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by instaxgirl View Post
In this thread I put up links to some software for transferring music off an iPod. It should work on a PC, and there was a video showing how to use all the software. It did the trick for the last OP.

Thanks. I will try that.
Old Dec 11, 2009, 03:55 PM   #4
julianna1973
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by instaxgirl View Post

It seems to have changed & is now the same as the others, trial version allowing 10 songs only.
Old Dec 11, 2009, 05:59 PM   #5
instaxgirl
macrumors 65816

Ah well here's a link telling you how to copy the files straight off the iPod in Vista. If she's got Windows 7 I'm sure googling "hidden files iPod windows 7" will bring up a tutorial

http://www.askstudent.com/general/ho...-using-itunes/

I used to always just tell people how to drag the files straight off their iPod but no one ever listened. Everyone just wants software to do it for them

Anyhow, I always use this method and it's worked great for me

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod