Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Dec 11, 2009, 12:33 PM   #1
GTerribil
macrumors newbie

Mac Mail Program Not Working

I've been searching forums and people are saying that their mail stopped sending/receiving, but mine isn't working... at all. When I open the program, the Mail window comes up, but I can't do anything from there. All the buttons are inactive and when I go to the File menu, all the options are grayed out so I have to Force Quit the application. Is there a simple fix to this? What is the most efficient way to reinstall the application (if that's my only option)?? Thanks!
GTerribil is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2009, 08:35 PM   #2
Chetan1
macrumors newbie

Open Mac HD --> click on your username on the left side --> Library --> Preferences --> com.apple.mail.plist

Trash the 'com.apple.mail.plist' .. then restart your mac .. your mac should generate a brand new Plist and a fresh new Mail should be there and you will be able to set it up again
Chetan1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store