Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lei Chic

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 11, 2009
I have a MacBook that has my niece's and cousin's user accounts and I am trying to delete it. I am the Admin on the laptop and I know how to delete a user account, but when I go to System Preferences > (There is no "Account" icon to click on)...does anyone know another way to access the Account window so I can delete their accounts?

NewMacbookPlz

macrumors 68040
Sep 28, 2008
What if you type "accounts" in to the spotlight icon, it should show up as the top hit after a moment of searching?

Lei Chic

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 11, 2009
What if you type "accounts" in to the spotlight icon, it should show up as the top hit after a moment of searching?

I tried that and it doesn't come up...it's as if "Accounts" have been deleted from my computer. I don't know any other way to open the Accounts window to delete the other two user accounts...

madog

macrumors 65816
Nov 25, 2004
Korova Milkbar
Check System/Library/PreferencePanes to see if it even exists. If it does, double click it. If it doesn't, you'll need to at least perform an Archive and Install, or try to copy it from a different computer with the exact same OS on it if that will even work.

Lei Chic

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 11, 2009
Check System/Library/PreferencePanes to see if it even exists. If it does, double click it. If it doesn't, you'll need to at least perform an Archive and Install, or try to copy it from a different computer with the exact same OS on it if that will even work.

I looked in the Preference Panes and it didn't exist...:( I guess I'll have to re-install it, but lost the installation disc for my macbook while moving twice within one year. Just wanted to see if there was a way to do it without the installation discs and b able to delete the other user accounts. Thx for the help!

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
It sounds like the accounts themselves are already gone. Are you trying to delete the user directories?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.