Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming

Old Dec 12, 2009, 04:18 AM   #1
Komickid
macrumors newbie

Build and Run Error

Recently I have been learning familiarizing myself with iphone programming by downloading coding samples from various blogs and websites. However, on most of these apps whenever I try to run them in the simulator I get this error:
error: There is no SDK with the name or path 'iphoneos2.0'
I have tried finding how to solve this but so far I have had no luck. If anyone could help that would be greatly appreciated.
Komickid is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2009, 02:40 PM   #2
PhoneyDeveloper
macrumors 68030

The 2.0 sdk is very old. The oldest you should bother with is 2.2.1 and most likely 3.x should be used.

At the top of your project window there is a popup that allows you to choose the target SDK. Set it to Simulator 2.2.1 or 3.x.

It's probable that if the project is aimed at 2.0 then if you set the target SDK to 3.x you'll get some warnings for deprecated methods. You can either search for newer examples or fix the deprecation warnings or ignore them.
PhoneyDeveloper is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming