Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Original poster
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Previous threads:
The 6th season of Lost will begin on Tuesday, February 2, 2010 at 9pm (10pm Central). There will be 18 episodes in this final season.

ABC Entertainment and the Lost producers have said that there will be no sneak peaks because any scene from the first episode would give away too much, and that Lost will end (probably in May) with a highly anticipated and shocking finale.

The most amazing claim is that they will tie up loose ends and explain everything from the smoke monster to Walt's powers. Do you think they can do it?

I'm going to sit on the sofa from now until February and wait for it to start. Pass the popcorn.

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
I better wath season five soon. Lol keep meaning to get around to it but been tied up with flashforward, house and stargate universe.

Don't panic

macrumors 603
Jan 30, 2004
having a drink at Milliways
Previous threads:
The 6th season of Lost will begin on Tuesday, February 2, 2010 at 9pm (10pm Central). There will be 18 episodes in this final season.

ABC Entertainment and the Lost producers have said that there will be no sneak peaks because any scene from the first episode would give away too much, and that Lost will end (probably in May) with a highly anticipated and shocking finale.

The most amazing claim is that they will tie up loose ends and explain everything from the smoke monster to Walt's powers. Do you think they can do it?

I'm going to sit on the sofa from now until February and wait for it to start. Pass the popcorn.

here are the popcorns.
care for a beer as well?

6a00c2251ce3f4f21900d4141de29f685e-500pi.jpg

yes, i think they will tie up petty much everything. At this point they have nothing to loose in going all-out: the budget is there, it's the last season anyways so it's not that abc has much leverage on the direction anyway.
And they have the real chance to go down in tv history for one of the best shows ever. which writer/producer/actor wouldn't want that in their resume?
it will be good, and i can't wait for it to start.

anyone knows when does the season 5 dvd set come out?

ethical

macrumors 68000
Dec 22, 2007
I can't wait for season 6 either! Although I imagine it will take me a while to link everything together once they tie up the loose ends. Will have to watch season 5 again first to job my memory!

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Can't wait for this. Lost has been the best sci-fi/dharma thing I've seen ever. But I'm a bit gutted that this will be the last of Lost. Bittersweet and all that.
I trust the ending will be spectacular.

justaregularjoe

macrumors 6502
Nov 28, 2008
As a senior in high school, I will be spending my 2 week christmas break writing a philosophy paper,a math review, and watching the entire lost series as one large -athon. The best ever, IMO.

PISSED that Dr. Burke has left us forever. I may yet shed tears about that. She really was my favorite character.

Still though, Lost is unbeaten.

108 and all...

techfreak85

macrumors 68040
Jan 13, 2008
Places
My fear is that they wont tie up some huge stuff, and the ending is really gonna tick me off and make me hate Lost forever.

Dany M

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2007
Earth
I'm very excited. Yeah they will not tie some stuff up, like what is the island since that question is something arbitrary like what is the force. We find out he answer and it is stupid.

They said they will answer adam and eve, the statue and smoke monster in the series finale.

justaregularjoe

macrumors 6502
Nov 28, 2008
The only thing that can possibly piss me off now is if the entire thing is an allegory of Judeo-Christian Faith.

Such as:
  • Richard Alpert is Jesus Christ
  • His father is Jacob.
  • Jacob's Nemesis is the Devil.
  • The Smoke Monster is the Holy Spirit.
  • Jacob didn't like the statue of Taweret, and destroyed it as it was an idol.
  • The Leader of the Island is the Pope.
  • The Island itself is either heaven or New Jerusalem come early.

THAT would make me hate Lost forever. Not that I hate the faith (wait, no I do hate it, but that aside) it would be as if the producers finished the last episode, sat back and when "BURN, MOFOS" or "EAT THAT, ATHEISTS!!!11!"

:p

ViciousShadow21

macrumors 68020
Mar 11, 2009
To your left or right
It will definitely be interesting to see how they work their way out of this, but i have faith. i mean everyone is either dead or alive so that's pretty cool. The title of the first ep is LA X so right there its telling that they land as they should in LA but something is off.

If i am happy with the ending then it will be a very bittersweet. If the ending sucks then i will be pissed and probably break something with a bat. Im going to have to watch the finale on a crappy tv so as not to break my flat screen if it does suck. :p But im 90% sure they will pull off an epic ending that MOST will be happy with.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Original poster
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
If they don't resolve the show to my satisfaction, I'm going to go back in time, to 2004, and not watch Lost at all.

lostfan916

macrumors 6502a
Dec 23, 2007
NorCal
So bitter-sweet indeed. This show has consumed my life for the past six years, so at least I will have that back.

Super excited though. I've been avoiding any spoilers regarding this season, I think all I know is the episode title for the premiere.

Did anyone happen to snag a poster from the Damon, Carlton & a Polar Bear series? And is anyone going to the gallery opening in LA tomorrow? I hear the writers and some actors will be there. Looks like it's going to be very awesome. Just read that there's a line already! No fans like Lost fans... ;)

gibbz

macrumors 68030
May 31, 2007
Norman, OK
As a senior in high school, I will be spending my 2 week christmas break writing a philosophy paper,a math review, and watching the entire lost series as one large -athon. The best ever, IMO.

Same here regarding the Lost-a-thon. I have made it back through season 1, now onto seasons 2-5.

I can't wait for the new season.

NathanCH

macrumors 65816
Oct 5, 2007
Vancouver, BC
Can't wait. I've read the definitive lost theory which was written back in Season 4 (I think) and so far everything in that Theory is still right, so im excited to see how it turns out. Hopefully there is a lot of twists and turns.

P-Worm

macrumors 68020
Jul 16, 2002
Salt Lake City, UT
Glad to hear they are going to explain Walt's powers. I was convinced they had forgotten about that. Another secret on my list they seem to have abandoned is Libby's backstory. One of the episodes has her in the mental institution with Hurley. An episode ends with this huge WTF? moment and then they never mentioned it again.

P-Worm

lostfan916

macrumors 6502a
Dec 23, 2007
NorCal
Glad to hear they are going to explain Walt's powers. I was convinced they had forgotten about that. Another secret on my list they seem to have abandoned is Libby's backstory. One of the episodes has her in the mental institution with Hurley. An episode ends with this huge WTF? moment and then they never mentioned it again.

P-Worm
Pretty sure this is going to be addressed this season. I read *something* regarding it (kinda disappointed because it was out of nowhere) but I would say we are finally gonna figure out what's up with Libby.

Man, re-watching over winter break and seeing all the mysteries they've yet to answer is gonna be fun. I'd completely forgotten about Libby.

NathanCH

macrumors 65816
Oct 5, 2007
Vancouver, BC
The only thing that can possibly piss me off now is if the entire thing is an allegory of Judeo-Christian Faith.

Such as:
  • Richard Alpert is Jesus Christ
  • His father is Jacob.
  • Jacob's Nemesis is the Devil.
  • The Smoke Monster is the Holy Spirit.
  • Jacob didn't like the statue of Taweret, and destroyed it as it was an idol.
  • The Leader of the Island is the Pope.
  • The Island itself is either heaven or New Jerusalem come early.

THAT would make me hate Lost forever. Not that I hate the faith (wait, no I do hate it, but that aside) it would be as if the producers finished the last episode, sat back and when "BURN, MOFOS" or "EAT THAT, ATHEISTS!!!11!"

:p

Never thought of that, good point! I too would be very pissed off. Also, I have a feeling based on the complexity of the show, and the scientific values it takes on, a majority of the viewers are "non-believes". So you and I wouldn't be the only ones hating that.

(I realize I made a gross generalization of 'believers', but so what).

P-Worm

macrumors 68020
Jul 16, 2002
Salt Lake City, UT
Man, re-watching over winter break and seeing all the mysteries they've yet to answer is gonna be fun. I'd completely forgotten about Libby.

I started the rewatch with two friends that haven't seen it before. They're hooked of course. ;) Right now we're in Season 2 and we've just met Henry Gale.

Another forgotten mystery: Kate's black horse that helped her escape off the island and magically appeared on the island later.

P-Worm

themoonisdown09

macrumors 601
Nov 19, 2007
Georgia, USA
I'm hoping that they air a recap episode the week before it starts. If not, I hope that I remember everything that's happened.

Also, I hope that they release a Blu-ray box set once season 6 is finished. That's the main reason why I've held myself back from buying each season separately.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.