Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Simgar988

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 22, 2009
UYBAATC
Almost every time I use my phone, even when I haven't gone anywhere near the app store, out of no where the app store password login will pop up. I searched to no avail,

thanks for the help

pixelated

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2008
This is in Hacks so im assuming youve JB'd... could it be possible app store is running in the background?
Check in SBsettings (if you have it )> processes and it may be running there.

Pared

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2007
You have a download pending that never finished.

Go to iTunes and check your account for any incomplete downloads on your computer.

Simgar988

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 22, 2009
UYBAATC
Bingo. I have some assassians game that has been pendig for a long while. I really would just like to delete it completely but can't figure out how to. The icon is on my screen with a totally incomplete dling bar but there is no image on the icon, only a blank grey box

RandomKamikaze

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2009
UK
Yeah, I get that, most annoying.

Press the icon until it starts shaking, like when you want to move it. Then you should be able to hit the 'X' to delete it.

If that doesn't work, you will just have to let it download the update and then install.

Or download the update in iTunes and then install over the cable

Simgar988

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 22, 2009
UYBAATC
Yeah, I get that, most annoying.

Press the icon until it starts shaking, like when you want to move it. Then you should be able to hit the 'X' to delete it.

If that doesn't work, you will just have to let it download the update and then install.

Or download the update in iTunes and then install over the cable

There's no x to delete and when I try to install it again through the store, it says it's already installed

gdlcjr

macrumors regular
Dec 3, 2009
Neither work, thanks for the xontinued help

This happened to me but it was on Itunes not the App store. I have a song that had an error downloading.

Here is what I did. In the Setting/restriction, I turned off the itunes. I downloaded the song in my PC Itunes. Then when I checked the itunes(iphone) i didn't see it again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.