Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kronie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 4, 2008
First one had a grumbling drive, drove me nuts, back to Apple.

Second one had a much quieter drive, but “yellow tinge”. I was back and forth about what to do with the tinge issue, I mean I can replace it but will probably get a screen with the same problem.

Then my decision was made for when my iMac started to “flicker” last night, and again this morning.

I’m going back to my 17” unibody with my 24” external monitor.

The 27” iMac has great potential but seems to be suffering from some serious teething issues. Until I can see that these issues are fixed I’m holding off.

Vanarak19

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2008
ill wait out the holidays, and let you all deal with the 1st batch issues. Then, I "may" dive in, or build a desktop.

probably pass on the iMac.

senc01a

macrumors regular
May 31, 2007
Ufff, I am about to sell my 15 inch unybody + 24 inch external to get a 27 inch iMac.
Maybe I should wait too...

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
First one had a grumbling drive, drove me nuts, back to Apple.

Second one had a much quieter drive, but “yellow tinge”. I was back and forth about what to do with the tinge issue, I mean I can replace it but will probably get a screen with the same problem.

Then my decision was made for when my iMac started to “flicker” last night, and again this morning.

I’m going back to my 17” unibody with my 24” external monitor.

The 27” iMac has great potential but seems to be suffering from some serious teething issues. Until I can see that these issues are fixed I’m holding off.

Reports coming in that shipments of 27" iMacs are being delayed by (at least) two weeks. Maybe this signals a production change to fix the flaw(s) being reported.

Hope it gets sorted out soon. I was planning to buy an i7 in January.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.