Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X

Old Dec 16, 2009, 02:15 AM   #1
lazydogmot
macrumors newbie

Software Updates won't install

Hi, new here, new to Mac. Trying to install downloaded updates, I get this, over and over:

"The update could not be expanded, and may have been corrupted during downloading. The update will be downloaded and checked again the next time that Software Update runs."

There are four updates waiting that I have tried to install as a group and individually. Part way through the installation it says "An error has occurred". When I click OK the above message shows up. Is it me, the computer, the connection, the server, what?
Thanks,
Tom

Mac 10.6.2
lazydogmot is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2009, 01:33 AM   #2
lazydogmot
macrumors newbie

Hey, I downloaded the updates from the Apple website and now Software Update is working again. It's a Christmas miracle!
Thanks,
Tom

http://support.apple.com/downloads/
lazydogmot is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X