Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Dec 16, 2009, 06:07 PM   #1
TCTactics
macrumors newbie

Ipod Touch 8 GB 1st G WIFI Problem

Hi, my name is Travis. The only Mac product I have is an Itouch. OK, to start off, after I did this update from the Itunes store a while ago, after that my Wifi stopped working...it has a grayed out "No-Wifi" and I can't touch the option to turn the wifi on either. I'm really getting frustrated with this problem...I tried to restart my network to default, restored my Itouch countless times. That didn't solve the issue either. I DO have a wireless Modem, and I can connect wireless with my laptop. My main computer is a Desktop. But, anyways I would really appreciate if someone could help me with this problem. Apple didn't help me much since I don't have a warranty anymore. So, just please reply to this thread, and give me some troubleshooter ideas.
TCTactics is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2009, 07:18 PM   #2
androiphone
macrumors 6502a

so you cant slide the switch to on in wifi settings? or it's on and it just doesnt find any wifi networks?
you could try a restore from DFU mode (for a brand new iPod restore feeling) should be no real trouble as you can just resync your music, best to know what you're doing before you start though. and you would loose all your data

ps iPod Touch not iTouch
androiphone is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2009, 07:23 PM   #3
TCTactics
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by androiphone View Post
so you cant slide the switch to on in wifi settings? or it's on and it just doesnt find any wifi networks?
you could try a restore from DFU mode (for a brand new iPod restore feeling) should be no real trouble as you can just resync your music, best to know what you're doing before you start though. and you would loose all your data

ps iPod Touch not iTouch
yes, I already restored my Ipod to default settings many times, it didn't help? whats a DFU? explain?
Old Dec 16, 2009, 07:44 PM   #4
TCTactics
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCTactics View Post
yes, I already restored my Ipod to default settings many times, it didn't help? whats a DFU? explain?
just tried the DFU thing. STILL didnt fix my problems
Old Dec 17, 2009, 11:21 AM   #5
androiphone
macrumors 6502a

not too sure then DFU usually sorts everything out in my experience, sorry not to be of much help
androiphone is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod