Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X

Old Dec 17, 2009, 01:47 PM   #1
roadbloc
macrumors 604

Error 254 - Disk Utility

I'm trying to "burn" as such, and .iso file to my memory stick, in hope to create a bootable memory stick with a serious cut down version of Linux on it called "Damn Small Linux," for both giggles and for helping me fix people's PC's.

I'm doing this by opening Disk Utility, clicking on my USB stick, clicking restore and then dragging the appropriate disk's or disk images to the appropriate boxes.

After about 3 seconds of writing, I get an error 254, "Could not validate source." What am I doing wrong? Am I doing what I am trying to do, right?

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X