Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VaatiKaiba

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 12, 2008
I'm helping to put on a show, and as part of it they have a presentation (which I'm making), and during the show they want to be able to show a "scan" of the audience, via a camcorder linked into my MacBook. My question is - how can I embed this sort of live video into the Keynote presentation?

Thanks!

Niknik

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2010
Spain
same need

hi VaatiKaiba

Did you get any answers yet?
I´ve been asking for the same thing. I have not found any "easy way" of doing it yet. I need it to present some small products on stage and a big crowd won´t see it without live video pics...like Jobs when he is presenting his products. The have a mixing table but for us who don´t....

using iMovie you can show live video but its not in Keynote!!

Thanks

VaatiKaiba

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 12, 2008
I did manage to find one thing - there's an Apple-made application called Quicktime Broadcaster, which, while quite old, can broadcast a live video (around 3 second delay), and it gives you a local URL, and I believe you can point Keynote to display the video at that location...

I did find a walkthrough, but have lost it, will post again if I find it!

pit29

macrumors 6502a
May 23, 2006
The Golden State

rever3nce

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2011
bringing this thread back to life... I am looking for the same thing! still no answer for my exact needs yet. So I wanna do a presentation just like they do in WWDC. I know it's asking a lot, but I have the app 'reflector' and trying to embed that into keynote somehow. It's giving me a headache haha

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.