Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

A tweet and article (and forum post) have pointed out that Moscone's summer schedule has blocked out June 28th-July 2nd as the likely dates for Apple's Worldwide Developer Conference (WWDC) 2010.

The schedule lists a "Corporate Event" occupying Moscone West during those dates. For the past two years this "Corporate Event" placeholder has accurately predicted the dates for WWDC (2008, 2009). Apple tends not to announce the official dates of WWDC until well into the new year.

WWDC has become of increasing importance to Apple as it now represents the only regularly scheduled launch event for the company. In the past, Macworld San Francisco anchored the January date as a second regular launch venue, but Apple will no longer be attending Macworld. Apple has launched a new iPhone model during the past two WWDC keynotes, and Phil Schiller even defined the iPhone's annual product cycle as a June revision.

Article Link: WWDC 2010 Likely from June 28-July 2nd

Santabean2000

macrumors 68000
Nov 20, 2007
What's the focus going to be this time? - come on rumor folk, rumor me up.

Usually iPhone time eh? Something different this time 'round..?

intel

macrumors regular
Aug 17, 2005
Any other media events any time soon? Fangin for some new product releases like those between 2005 and 2007.

ipedro

macrumors 603
Nov 30, 2004
Toronto, ON
With the iPhone taken care of and the Mac steered in the right direction, I hope they focus on the living room and bring tv its much needed developer tools to allow developers to create apps for the device.

Re: iPhone - I skipped the iPhone 3GS hoping for a more substantial improvement in the next generation. I'm sure it will come at or near this event. iPhone OS 4.0 may be also unveiled at WWDC.

marzy

macrumors member
Jan 15, 2007
Australia
I will be getting the new iphone, because my 2 year contract runs out. But I hope the new mac pro (i know rumors) comes out before then because I sold my imac a month or 2 ago and I been suffering on an old macbook pro.

So yes im pretty excited.

christian_k

macrumors 6502
May 31, 2005
Germany
What is going on here?

A new iPhone in 6 months is very likely and nobody said the word

VERIZON?

Doesn't matter to us Europeans anyway, but strange, strange, strange...

Christian

designgeek

macrumors 65816
Jan 30, 2009
"Town"
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!! usually I hate this crap but I'm actually REALLY excited this time. I'm praying for a T-Mobile iPhone.

iZac

macrumors 68030
Apr 28, 2003
UK
Last night i was thinking...

"I cant wait, I wonder what date Macworld 2010 is? Wait .... awwwww :("

I guess we'll allways have WWDC ... a pro/developer event which has been contorted into an iPhone orgy.

Augure

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2009
I really don't understand the moves of Apple not to go to the Macworld. First, well this is Macworld and un unless something terrible has happened, this is really a dumb move not to attend a salon this big that concerns your computers.

Second, after the really bad WWDC of this year with Itunes 9 and the cold feeling that Snow Leopard left after it was releases, people are waiting for a new events. I really don't see myself trusting Apple anymore while having to wait 6 month.

But at last, not least, I hope they'll do a good Macbook Pro update in the first or second month of 2012, the one they should have done before this year's end.

Stuart in Oz

macrumors 6502
Jan 16, 2008
Sydney, Australia
I'm really hoping for an iPhone revision that uses the new, in-house designed ARM chips and the upcoming 64GB memory chips.

The current iPhone is pretty good but if they can up the battery life with a more efficient chip, maintain the speed of the current 'S' version and offer a 64GB version for those for whom 32 is not enough, then I for one would be ecstatic.

Marcusjlang

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2008
So what, we will get?

64GB iPhone, faster, 5MP camera that's slightly thinner.

Various iTunes improvements

And...

The tablet that was announced in January.

Bet on it guys, this is it.

conradwt

macrumors member
Nov 21, 2005
I really don't understand the moves of Apple not to go to the Macworld. First, well this is Macworld and un unless something terrible has happened, this is really a dumb move not to attend a salon this big that concerns your computers.

Second, after the really bad WWDC of this year with Itunes 9 and the cold feeling that Snow Leopard left after it was releases, people are waiting for a new events. I really don't see myself trusting Apple anymore while having to wait 6 month.

But at last, not least, I hope they'll do a good Macbook Pro update in the first or second month of 2012, the one they should have done before this year's end.

In regards to your first point, Apple didn't want to feel pressured in releasing product(s) in early January at MacWorld. However, they replaced the no show at MacWorld with calling press conferences when they had something to show. This gives them much more flexibility introducing product(s) for its consumers.

Next, I have attended WWDC which is a developer conference for the Mac and iPhone developers. Furthermore, I have learned so much in the years conference because I attended a good mix of iPhone, Mac, and some very cool web sessions.

In short, if you haven't attended WWDC, then I would highly recommending attending because it's a well done conference, you'll have the opportunity to network with other developers, and attend some great sessions.

Thex1138

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2009
Sydney, Australia
Apple Tablet - So Far Away

Here I am again in this mean old town
And you're so far away from me
And where are you when the sun goes down
You're so far away from me

So far away from me
So far I just can't see
So far away from me
You're so far away from me

I'm tired of being in love and being all alone
When you're so far away from me
I'm tired of making out on the i---Phone
And you're so far away from me....

mabaker

macrumors 65816
Jan 19, 2008
It will be like that:

90% iPhone PR talk
10% developer tools

And for about 30 last seconds Phil will say: Oh, yeah, we do have some OS out there. I guess the number now is 10.7, isn't it? It's in some pre-alpha testing stage. I am not sure, it'll be out some time! Anyways, back to the iPhone! :D

albusseverus

macrumors 6502a
Nov 28, 2007
Apple's really got to concentrate on Snow Leopard this year. Not much broke, but not much is taking advantage of it, either. None of the big developers have any 64 bit applications and even VLC fell in a hole.

Apple have got to fix the App Store approvals and redesign the store to make it easier to browse, but hopefully the focus will be off iPhone and back on Mac.

Which brings us to the tablet. Much as I'm looking forward to Apple selling a tablet, I don't want WWDC to be diverted into another line of non-Mac development. The Snow Leopard launch proved that Apple's OS teams are spread too thinly across iPhone and Mac and presumably secret tablet development.

I'd like to see Apple refocus on Mac OS, stabilise iPhone development (if that will ever happen) and with a bit of luck, the SDK for the tablet will be -next- WWDC, not this one.

Dear Mr Jobs, Please give us back our Mac. You've given us Snow Leopard. Please focus Mac developers on moving to 64 bit Snow Leopard, now.

Bubba Satori

Suspended
Feb 15, 2008
B'ham
Apple will introduce a new 22" LED ACD for $699.
It will have an amazing, great and easy to use response time of 12ms.
The resolution will be 1600x900
It will work with one Apple computer, but Apple won't tell you which one until you buy it.
It can work with all Apple computers with the purchase of two adapters for $100.
It will come with a super glossy mirror glass.
A matte option will be availble for $150.
Polarized anti-glare viewing goggles will be available for $100.

2631221863_ab0be4d298_m.jpg

albusseverus

macrumors 6502a
Nov 28, 2007
Originally Posted by CFreymarc
If Apple launches a Tablet, this is the event for it.

Yup. I have to agree. At least, they will _pre-announce_ it here, and give the developers time to ramp up for it.

Not to say that I actually believe Apple has a tablet up its sleeve or anything... :D

I disagree. Latest rumours have backtracked to tablet launch in January (my guess-CES, Jobs to keynote), go on sale in March, and maybe promise of an SDK at WWDC, but nothing for the general developer community until Apple's done some deals with and implemented major tablet content partners - book/magzine/newspaper publishers, etc

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.