|Dec 21, 2009, 05:11 PM||#1|
Dock Review: Sony ICFCD3iP CD Clock Radio
Someone has recommended me this dock/alarm on macrumors so i thought it'd give it a try. At first the dock part of the alarm felt like a very cheap plastic so i was a bit worried about the durability of this alarm.
- Has many buttons so I have trouble every morning turning off this alarm. By the time I turn this alarm off, I am some what awake and this is a good thing! It does it job well as an alarm.
- the sound system of this alarm isn't the best but it is good enough to wake me up and not annoy me when i actually play music from this alarm.
- very small compared to other alarm docks
- As many reviewers on this alarm has noticed, the screen is way too bright even on the lightest settings. I have turned it away from me slightly so the lighting of this alarm doesnt bother my sleep.
- The dock is builty in pretty poor quality
I have not tried out the radio function because I really do not listen to the radio. According to the reviews on amazon.com, the antenna is very poorly made for a $90 dock alarm so be aware if you do listen to the radio frequently. I'd recommend this alarm if you do not listen to the radio and use this for alarm (cd/ipod).
here's the link to the alarm:
Last edited by zdblue11; Dec 21, 2009 at 05:30 PM.
|Dec 21, 2009, 06:34 PM||#2|
The dock so far has almost made its first year of usage in my part and contrary to what you say, it is durable. I'm using a dock adapter so I can plug my iPhone with a case on it. I'm more concerned about the lid for the CD since it doesn't really "lock" it's place and can easily be pulled.
And I agree on the button part, there's tons.
Are you a new subscriber to AT&T? You could get a $25 gift card, pm me for details
13'' MBP iPhone 5 32GB White iPod Nano 5th Gen
|Dec 23, 2009, 10:08 AM||#4|
Sony makes almost the same model without the CD player (ICF-C7IP). It's dim enough that I don't have to drape something over it at night (unlike the ICFCD3iP which as you stated is way too bright.) Otherwise it is pretty much the same.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Clock radio||patseguin||iPhone Accessories||0||Dec 12, 2013 05:16 PM|
|Clock radio/dock recommendations||gtstricky||iPhone Accessories||2||May 10, 2013 10:41 AM|
|Alarm clock with HD radio and AirPlay?||rrandyy||iPhone||4||Dec 14, 2012 04:35 PM|
|need clock radio/dock with headphone jack for touch 4g||tomoastler||iPod touch||1||Oct 4, 2012 09:47 AM|
|Logitech s400i Radio Alarm Clock, thoughts?||e5volcano||iPhone Accessories||3||Jun 22, 2012 11:56 PM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:43 AM.