Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Dec 21, 2009, 08:25 PM   #1
firedogut
macrumors regular

App update......stop it from showing up

I have a app on my phone that I never want to update. Anyway to turn off updates on that app so it does not show up in my update needed list?

They put adds in the new update and it makes the app junk.
firedogut is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2009, 08:32 PM   #2
d21mike
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by firedogut View Post
I have a app on my phone that I never want to update. Anyway to turn off updates on that app so it does not show up in my update needed list?

They put adds in the new update and it makes the app junk.
You can delete it from your iPhone and from iTunes within the Application Section where it shows all of your Applications.
Old Dec 21, 2009, 08:35 PM   #3
-aggie-
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by d21mike View Post
You can delete it from your iPhone and from iTunes within the Application Section where it shows all of your Applications.
He wants to use the app but not the update, so that wouldn't be something he wants to do.

OP, there's no way to stop the updates. It's a pain, but Apple has not given us a way to hide an update.
Old May 25, 2014, 10:38 PM   #4
aces99
macrumors newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to aces99 Send a message via Skype™ to aces99
Yes I wish Apple would give us the ability to hide/disable individual updates from showing up in the App Store update list. There is an app that I need to use once in awhile but I can't update it to the latest version because if I do I loose the one and only feature of the app that I use. I wish Apple would change that and give us the option to hide updates.
aces99 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2014, 10:39 PM   #5
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem

Just dont let that little badge bother you that much.
Ignore it like you been doing.
Applejuiced is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2014, 04:02 PM   #6
Aspergirl
macrumors newbie

You can also go to the App Store settings and opt to have it update automatically, so you don't have to. Lol. This if you wish to keep the app, if not yeah just delete it off your device.

A!
Aspergirl is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting