Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Dec 21, 2009, 08:41 PM   #1
samh
macrumors 6502

iWork 09 Numbers: Edit Cell shortcut

PC user who made the switch to Mac recently. Nearly twenty years of PC use and I can do just about anything from the keyboard, so it's taking me some time to learn/re-learn all my keyboard shortcuts. There's one I can't seem to figure out.

A fairly standard shortcut on Windows is F2 for editing a selection. If a file is selected, you can edit the filename by hitting F2. If you're working with a spreadsheet and hit F2, you begin editing the selected cell.

In Numbers, I can't seem to find the keyboard shortcut to edit the selected cell. I know I can begin typing to overwrite the cell contents, but often I want to add something to the contents or fix a typo. Is this possible without mouse/trackpad?
samh is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2009, 06:22 AM   #2
mysterytramp
macrumors 65816

Try option-Enter or option-Return. The cell data doesn't appear immediately at the top of the screen until you type something.

mt
Old Dec 24, 2009, 11:07 AM   #3
samh
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysterytramp View Post
Try option-Enter or option-Return. The cell data doesn't appear immediately at the top of the screen until you type something.

mt
That's it! Thanks!
samh is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store