Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Dec 23, 2009, 03:06 PM   #1
TheDeeVah
macrumors newbie

Question 12-inch iBook

I was given a 12-inch ibook from a friend who got it as part of a break-up. Angry Ex was administrator and refuses to give up log-in and administrator permissions. I have a 10.5 MAC OS disk, have held down the "C" key during boot. All that happens is the white apple screen with the counter-clockwise arrow spinning. Can I reformat and reload load without permission and if so How?
TheDeeVah is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2009, 03:31 PM   #2
Designer Dale
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDeeVah View Post
I was given a 12-inch ibook from a friend who got it as part of a break-up. Angry Ex was administrator and refuses to give up log-in and administrator permissions. I have a 10.5 MAC OS disk, have held down the "C" key during boot. All that happens is the white apple screen with the counter-clockwise arrow spinning. Can I reformat and reload load without permission and if so How?
You might be able to mount this as a Firewire Target Disk on another Mac and reformat it from there. I don't know. Look here.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1661

It may be easier to replace the drive given that you have an OS disk.

I'm often reminded how grateful I am (or should be, anyway) that my ex is still my friend.

Dale

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs