Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Photography

Old Dec 28, 2009, 02:36 PM   #1
madazrex
macrumors member

can you export photo books from iphoto

hello you lot i was just wondering if there is a way exporting your photo book

out of iphoto to use else where to get printed off ?

outher than using apple

and are there any better printing companines out there that yiou can serjest for this.\

thanks

jason
madazrex is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2009, 04:40 PM   #2
snberk103
macrumors 603

I believe the answer is "Yes", but I'm going by a dim memory here. First, I suggest you go to the Apple Support forums on Apple.com and search there.... full of good information. I think the answer is that the iBook file is really a package, and that if you look inside the package there is a PDF file with your book. But, as I said - look at the Apple support forums for the answers. Good Luck.
snberk103 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2009, 05:22 PM   #3
Keebler
macrumors 68030

i personally don't think you can do that b/c Apple makes a ton of money from it. I think it's the only built in feature. I just built 3 calendars and a photobook for Christmas and the only option I saw was to order.
Keebler is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2009, 10:58 AM   #4
admwright
macrumors regular

Yes, you can do this by printing the book. Open the book in iPhoto and select File / Print and then save as a pdf. Once you have the pdf you can do what you like with it.
admwright is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2010, 03:17 AM   #5
neutrino23
macrumors 65816

You can look at iBlurb.com as another source for printing books. There are some others. The books from Apple are very, very nice. What you might find at other sites are other options Apple doesn't offer such as page sizes or binding styles.
neutrino23 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2010, 07:24 AM   #6
cdcastillo
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to cdcastillo Send a message via Yahoo to cdcastillo Send a message via Skype™ to cdcastillo
Yes, but itīs limited

The only option is to export it as a PDF, so you can rint it elsewhere. However, itīs only the inner part of the book that is useful, the rest if the book is another story (covers, binding, etc).
Old Jan 3, 2010, 11:30 AM   #7
09iMac=Fail
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino23 View Post
You can look at iBlurb.com as another source for printing books. There are some others. The books from Apple are very, very nice. What you might find at other sites are other options Apple doesn't offer such as page sizes or binding styles.
Did you mean www.blurb.com?

I have made books through Apple and Blurb. I strongly recommend Blurb! My book from Apple had small black smudges here and there. The Blurb book was the same level of quality, offered a ton more options in the design aspect, and was $30 cheaper for a larger book. Go figure. Just my $.02, go with Blurb!
Old Jan 5, 2010, 03:18 PM   #8
madazrex
macrumors member

thank you so much

verry helpful ive not notice that pepole had replied to this

thats fantastic and that would be good to covert it to pdf.

and that i ment was so that you could use outher sources other than apple

on that one will have a try with the pdf and go from there

thanks for the input

jason
madazrex is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Photography