Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dylanbrown

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 20, 2008
London
I was wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to purchase an "AirPort Express power extension cord" separately.

It comes with the AE Stereo Connection Kit, but I don't need the monster cables and it seems a bit pricey.

I've looked on Amazon and the like and can't seem to find it. Any help would be brilliant - thanks!

waw74

macrumors 601
May 27, 2008
The US power supplies for the macbooks come with them. they all have the same "slide in corner" plug that's on the airport express. I did look in the US apple web store, and didn't see them available separately, not sure if they are in the retail stores.

If there is an apple store (or possibly a retailer) nearby, you might be able to find one there

btbrossard

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2008
Chicagoland
You could also look to Craigslist or eBay for a used one.

Any of the cords that come with recent Apple notebook power adapters will work for your airport express.

I've seen power adapters with the extension cables for as low as $10 (people selling their old adapter after they managed to loose or destroy their notebook).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.