Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jpefjr

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 8, 2008
Does anyone have an example code for a drop-down toolbar item like the "Overview" drop-down in Xcode? And does anyone know if a toolbar item like that can be created in Interface Builder?

kainjow

Moderator emeritus
Jun 15, 2000
Doesn't look like you can set a toolbar item's view in IB, but you could create a generic one, connect it to an outlet and then in your awakeFromNib, set its view, along with its min and max size.

jpefjr

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 8, 2008
Thanks for the answer kainjnow. It looks like I can connect the Received Actions from my view to the items in the drop-down menu and I can create the drop-down menu in Interface Builder by following this example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qr6EX-JIZZU

The one problem is it does not change the selected value for the drop-down menu automatically but I'm hoping a can find a "selected" method to call for the drop-down menu toolbaritem.

jpefjr

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 8, 2008
OK, I found the answer to auto-select the appropriate item. Instead of changing the NSPopUpButton's type to "Pull down" I left it as "Pop up" and everything work as expected.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.