Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook

Old Jan 2, 2010, 04:50 PM   #1
Raevaz
macrumors newbie

HELP! My Macbook startup disk is FULL and my mac is frozen

Ok, I was uploading songs into iTunes and my mac has already been getting startup disk almost full messages for a while.. I try my best to clear up space on my hard drive, but now my mac started to freeze and a force quit menu popped up saying "Your mac OS X startup disk has no more space available for application memory." My mac is FROZEN and the pinwheel is showing and its frozen.. PLEASE HELP ASAP... I was thinking about shutting it down by holding down the power button but im afraid that I wont be able to start it up since the memory is full..
Raevaz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2010, 04:52 PM   #2
MikhailT
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raevaz View Post
Ok, I was uploading songs into iTunes and my mac has already been getting startup disk almost full messages for a while.. I try my best to clear up space on my hard drive, but now my mac started to freeze and a force quit menu popped up saying "Your mac OS X startup disk has no more space available for application memory." My mac is FROZEN and the pinwheel is showing and its frozen.. PLEASE HELP ASAP... I was thinking about shutting it down by holding down the power button but im afraid that I wont be able to start it up since the memory is full..
Don't worry, you should be able to reboot it, the OS is smart enough to reserve space for this type of situations. Just delete the stuff as soon as possible.
MikhailT is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2010, 05:01 PM   #3
Raevaz
macrumors newbie

Thanks, im going to try that soon.. So you're sure the all my stuff won't get deleted right? Sorry if I sound too paranoid :P

EDIT: Well I got a popup from the mac itself telling me I need to force shutdown my computer and I did and it booted without any problems
Raevaz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2010, 01:07 PM   #4
iTechSup
macrumors newbie

Send a message via ICQ to iTechSup Send a message via AIM to iTechSup
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raevaz View Post
Thanks, im going to try that soon.. So you're sure the all my stuff won't get deleted right? Sorry if I sound too paranoid :P

EDIT: Well I got a popup from the mac itself telling me I need to force shutdown my computer and I did and it booted without any problems
Here's the thing. If you got a small HDD space, the best thing you can do is to get a better HDD. Yes, you could delete some stuff, but you might need something else right? What capacity HDD u got?

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook