Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Jan 2, 2010, 09:42 PM   #1
nStyle
macrumors 6502a

Converting .ISO video image to an iPod Touch format?

I want to convert an ISO DVD backup to a format that the iPod touch can handle and still be able to keep the menus and chapters and such. Is this even possible?

Thanks in advance!
nStyle is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2010, 09:48 PM   #2
spinnerlys

Nope.
You can convert the videos and even the menus to videos, but the iPod Touch is no DVD player.

Maybe there is an app for that though. Have a look around the AppStore for an app that will read and copy the DVD image to the iPod.
spinnerlys is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2010, 10:33 PM   #3
nStyle
macrumors 6502a

hm you would think the iphone/ipod could play dvds by now... they do everything else lol.

Anyway how would I go about converting the .ISO to a compressed format for the iPod? Will Toast or iDVD allow this? Or am I going to need something like Compressor?
nStyle is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2010, 10:35 PM   #4
pdjudd
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by nStyle View Post
hm you would think the iphone/ipod could play dvds by now... they do everything else lol.

Anyway how would I go about converting the .ISO to a compressed format for the iPod? Will Toast or iDVD allow this? Or am I going to need something like Compressor?
I donít think that there is a format that will offer anything that you want - any conversion that will occur will cause you to loose functionality.
pdjudd is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2010, 11:01 PM   #5
spinnerlys

Quote:
Originally Posted by nStyle View Post

You can use Handbrake for converting the video, but you need the Video_TS folder to do so.
Open the .iso file so that it is mounted and shown in the Finder Sidebar under Devices.
Then you can select the Video_TS folder that should be in there in Handbrake and use the iPod Touch or AppleTV preset to convert the video and that converted video can be copied to the iPod Touch via iTunes.

Use Mroogle for many of lots of plenty threads about watching video DVDs on the iPod Touch and all the shebang accompanied by that.
spinnerlys is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help