Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Jan 3, 2010, 04:17 PM   #1
OSXGuru007
macrumors newbie

Good gamecube emulator?

I'm looking for ANY mac gamecube emulators, I do not care if they are command-line or GUI. Know of any good ones?
Old Jan 3, 2010, 04:48 PM   #2
lewis82
macrumors 68000

I know there has once been one in developpement, but it has been abandonned since a couple of years...

I don't remember the name, but Google is your friend
Old Jan 3, 2010, 04:50 PM   #3
Sergeant Pepper
macrumors member

You could try compiling Dolphin for OS X, or run it in Boot Camp. Or you could buy a GameCube, since they're cheap as hell now. Saw one in a GameStop for $30.
Sergeant Pepper is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2010, 05:38 PM   #4
OSXGuru007
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewis82 View Post
I know there has once been one in developpement, but it has been abandonned since a couple of years...

I don't remember the name, but Google is your friend
You're problably thinking of gcube. Searched for it, but all the links were broken. Any other options?
Old Feb 10, 2011, 09:26 AM   #5
MerlinX
macrumors newbie

hey need a no Cd emulator

Emulator's are made so we do not have to buy the game this burn cd or download it onto a cd suks. They need a emulator that does not require a cd and fools the computer into thinking a cd is playing. I wanna play resident evil remake for gamecube but im told to do so I have to burn a copy no thank you I might as well just buy a gamecube. If they can do it with snes emulator than they need to do it with emulators that require cd.
MerlinX is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2011, 11:32 AM   #6
Isair
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerlinX View Post
Emulator's are made so we do not have to buy the game this burn cd or download it onto a cd suks. They need a emulator that does not require a cd and fools the computer into thinking a cd is playing. I wanna play resident evil remake for gamecube but im told to do so I have to burn a copy no thank you I might as well just buy a gamecube. If they can do it with snes emulator than they need to do it with emulators that require cd.
Just mount the cd image...

Also I'm on my iPhone right now so if anybody can tell me the name of a solid gamecube emulator for windows, I can make a wine/cider port of it when I get back home.

Last edited by Isair; Feb 10, 2011 at 11:38 AM.
Isair is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2011, 10:00 PM   #7
Sergeant Pepper
macrumors member

As I mentioned before, Dolphin is the only one that's even halfway decent. But it'll most likely be impossible to get any games running at full speed on a Mac.

Late 2011 MacBook Pro | 2.4 GHz Intel Core i7 | 16 GB RAM | 256 GB SSD + 750 GB HDD | Mac OS X 10.9 | Windows 7 Ultimate SP1
iPhone 5 | 32 GB | iOS 6.1.2 | Jailbroken | Verizon
Sergeant Pepper is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store