Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPhone and iPod touch Apps

Old Jan 6, 2010, 10:10 AM   #1
G4R2
macrumors 6502a

Advice Needed: Rev vs. DashCommand vs. Other?

I just ordered a Kiwi wifi to plug into one of my cars OBD II port. There are a couple of iPhone apps that wirelessly connect to this through an ad hoc network and I'm wondering if anyone has experience with these apps or can suggest an alternative to consider. The two most highly rated apps appear to be Rev and Dashcommand.

What I'm interested in, aside from the real time monitoring transmitted by the cars ECU including speed/tach/fuel pressure and cool custom displays, is an app that can also display engine codes with related information and reset them.

Thanks in advance!
G4R2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2010, 02:11 AM   #2
fj1852
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by G4R2 View Post
I just ordered a Kiwi wifi to plug into one of my cars OBD II port. There are a couple of iPhone apps that wirelessly connect to this through an ad hoc network and I'm wondering if anyone has experience with these apps or can suggest an alternative to consider. The two most highly rated apps appear to be Rev and Dashcommand.

What I'm interested in, aside from the real time monitoring transmitted by the cars ECU including speed/tach/fuel pressure and cool custom displays, is an app that can also display engine codes with related information and reset them.

Thanks in advance!
Hey I see you posted this awhile ago, just wondering if you got any advice on which app was better? I've installed an Ipad in my truck and was looking to get either Rev or DashCommand, just not sure which one is better. Any input would be great, thanks man.
fj1852 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2011, 05:49 PM   #3
Yzord
macrumors member

I will give you an advice...do NOT go with these apps (Rev is ok, but you need to go in flightmode) but Dashcommand isn't working AT ALL!!!! The refuse to give refunds, they wont react on mails and they also don't react anymore on their forum. Their forum is FULL of angry people who bought this piece of *****.

i lost 50USD and 190USD for the wifi thing. And it is seriously not working at all. I have a supported OBDII car and i know how to setup a network.

So, if you want seriously this kind of stuff, then go for the Rev, because that thing is working for 90%. All others (Fuzzycar, Dashcommand) is a no go area if you love your money.
Yzord is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2011, 12:01 PM   #4
Tiron
macrumors newbie

The developers can't give refunds, you need to go through Apple to get one. It does make sense since you bill it to Apple through your Apple ID.

I'm using DashCommand with an OBDLink WiFi and its working great, I'd get DashCommand again over the others.
Tiron is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPhone and iPod touch Apps