Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Jan 6, 2010, 03:47 PM   #1
davidjearly
macrumors 68000

Move movies/TV Shows to external drive

Hi,

I'm trying to think of a way to keep my one library intact, but move all my TV Shows and Movies to my external drive to free up space on my MBP. I'd like to keep all my music and apps on the internal drive so that I can still listen to stuff on the go.

Is this possible?

I don't want to create two libraries as, I may want to sync movies or tv shows to my iPod with my music when at home. I know I can just copy the 'Movies' and 'TV Shows' folders from my iTunes Media Folder to an external drive and manually point all the movie/tv show files in iTunes to the external drive, but with this method when I download new movies/tv shows they will go to the respective folder on the internal drive.

Any ideas?
davidjearly is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2010, 06:48 AM   #2
davidjearly
macrumors 68000

anyone?
davidjearly is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod