Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio

Old Jan 7, 2010, 01:08 PM   #1
macsucka
macrumors newbie

Earbuds pain in the arse

So, why does this company not come out with earbuds that stay in place and don't hurt after a half hour of use, you would think the company would want to please its cash pit ie. customers
macsucka is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2010, 01:11 PM   #2
Ca$hflow
macrumors 6502

everyones ear is different. check out aftermarket earbuds for the best fit.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 01:19 PM   #3
Drumjim85
macrumors 68020

"Earbuds pain in the arse" ... well you're obviously putting them in the wrong place.

But seriously, there are plenty of comfortable earphones out there. My custom fit ones i currently use are so comfortable you hardly know they're there. My guess is you get what you pay for, and you can't get a good pr of earphones for under $100.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 01:52 PM   #4
bigjnyc
macrumors 68040

It all depends on your ear, for example I cannot use the base apple headphones that come with ipods and iphones because they wont stay in my ear and they slip out. I then tried the very expensive Bose headphones and my right ear was snug but my left ear for some reason was very loose which was annoying (and yes i tried the different size inserts and tried different combinations) I then tried these cheap bass booster sony headphones ($20) and they were snug but hurt my ear after wearing them for a while. Finally I decided to try apple's new in ear headphones (the $79 ones) and so far so good I love them.

so the point is that it all depends on your ear, no company can possibly make a headphone that will fit everybodys ear perfectly.
bigjnyc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2010, 10:15 PM   #5
thegoldenmackid
macrumors 604

Send a message via AIM to thegoldenmackid Send a message via Skype™ to thegoldenmackid
Even something like Shure/Westone's yellow foam buds won't fit everyone to their liking, and those literally mold to your ear. Go to the Apple store and ask for a Shure demo, tell them that the fit kit is behind the Genius Bar and have fun. Thank Chris Lyons for that tad bit of information.

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio