Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xkaykay

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 8, 2010
Hi,

Just got my iphone 3Gs recently.

I can see the missed call message on lock screen.

But the moment i unlock the screen, i could not find where the iphone store the missed call message.

Any idea how to retreive the missed calls message?

Thanks.

djltoronto

macrumors member
Dec 22, 2009
Hi,

Just got my iphone 3Gs recently.

I can see the missed call message on lock screen.

But the moment i unlock the screen, i could not find where the iphone store the missed call message.

Any idea how to retreive the missed calls message?

Thanks.

Phone --> Recents(along the bottom) --> the missed call will be there - in RED.

xkaykay

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 8, 2010
Phone --> Recents(along the bottom) --> the missed call will be there - in RED.

Hi djltoronto,

My apologise. I did not describe it properly.

When i am on the phone, and if i did not subscribe call waiting, the second and subsequent incoming calls (while i am on the line) may not able to get connected. My service provider do sent me a message informing me which number has called earlier. This is the one i am referring to. My old Sony K800i has this feature. It show right after my call and it only appeared at lock screen status.

Thanks.

djltoronto

macrumors member
Dec 22, 2009
Hi djltoronto,

My apologise. I did not describe it properly.

When i am on the phone, and if i did not subscribe call waiting, the second and subsequent incoming calls (while i am on the line) may not able to get connected. My service provider do sent me a message informing me which number has called earlier. This is the one i am referring to. My old Sony K800i has this feature. It show right after my call and it only appeared at lock screen status.

Thanks.

that's much more complicated... but if you do not have call waiting on your account, and missed call while you are on a call can only be handled by the service provider (not the phone), since that call never reaches the phone.

Some service providers have network features which can send you a text message or some sort of notification of the missed call - but that feature has nothing to do with the iPhone. it's a network feature.

I am with Bell - and they do not have such a feature - my GF is with rogers, and they do have this feature (free) and they call it "who called". With rogers, it even works if your phone is off. When you turn your phone on, you will get notifications of who called while your phone was off (or calls missed while you were on the phone).

Hope that helps. - call your service provider.

xkaykay

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 8, 2010
that's much more complicated... but if you do not have call waiting on your account, and missed call while you are on a call can only be handled by the service provider (not the phone), since that call never reaches the phone.

Some service providers have network features which can send you a text message or some sort of notification of the missed call - but that feature has nothing to do with the iPhone. it's a network feature.

I am with Bell - and they do not have such a feature - my GF is with rogers, and they do have this feature (free) and they call it "who called". With rogers, it even works if your phone is off. When you turn your phone on, you will get notifications of who called while your phone was off (or calls missed while you were on the phone).

Hope that helps. - call your service provider.

Yes, thats the one i am referring to.

I have called my service provider, they could'nt help. Still wondering why K800get keep the message/notification while Iphone can't. Its weird, right?

Thanks anyway.

djltoronto

macrumors member
Dec 22, 2009
Yes, thats the one i am referring to.

I have called my service provider, they could'nt help. Still wondering why K800get keep the message/notification while Iphone can't. Its weird, right?

Thanks anyway.

Did the K800 get notified VIA txt msg?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.